My name is Jimeng Shi, a Ph.D. student in computer science under the supervision of Prof. Giri Narasimhan from Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University. My research focus is to address various real-world problems by developing machine learning tools to obtain accurate perceptron from the world and generate effective decisions. Recently, I have been working on a flood prediction and mitigation project using AI models. My work is being funded by NSF I-GUIDE.
- Ph.D. Computer Science - Florida International University (2021 - 2025).
- M.S. Computer Science - Florida International University (2019 - 2021).
- B.S. Vehicle Engineering - Tianjin University of Science & Technology (2014 - 2018).
(* denotes equal contribution) [Full List]
The Power of Explainability in Forecast-Informed Deep Learning Models for Flood Mitigation.
Jimeng Shi, Vitalii Stebliankin, Giri Narasimhan.
NeurIPS 2023 workshop on Climate Change AI.
[Codes] (coming soon)
Graph Transformer Network for Flood Forecasting with Heterogeneous Covariates.
Jimeng Shi, Vitalii Stebliankin, Zhaonan Wang, Shaowen Wang, Giri Narasimhan.
NSF I-GUIDE Forum in New York, 2023.
Explainable Parallel RCNN with Novel Feature Representation for Time Series Forecasting.
Jimeng Shi, Rukmangadh Myana, Vitalii Stebliankin, Azam Shirali, Giri Narasimhan.
ECML-PKDD 2023 workshop on Advanced Analytics and Learning on Temporal Data.
Deep Learning Models for Water Level Prediction in South Florida.
Jimeng Shi*, Zeda Yin*, Rukmangadh Myana, Arturo Leon, Jayantha Obeysekera, Giri Narasimhan.
Journal of water resources planning and management (Under review).
Part of work was presented at the I-GUIDE All-Hands Meeting, Chicago in 2022.
Evaluating protein binding interfaces with transformer networks.
Vitalii Stebliankin, Azam Shirali, Prabin Baral, Jimeng Shi, Prem Chapagain, Kalai Mathee, Giri Narasimhan.
Nature Machine Intelligence (impact factor: 25.89).
- Graduate Research Assistant
- Working with Prof. Giri Narasimhan at FIU. My work is focusing on the development and application of Machine Learning algorithms. (2021 - Now)
- Worked with Dr. Liqun Yang at Computer Graphic & Vision Research Lab @FIU. My work was located on doing data augmentation of images to improve generalization ability of neural network model. (2020)
- Worked with Associate Prof. Cheng-Xian Lin at Sustainable Energy and Thermal Transport System Lab @FIU. I was responsible for numeric analysis and simulation about utilization of solar energy using Matlab and CFD. (2019)
- Machine Learning Engineer (Internship)
- Worked at Lid Vizion Company at Miami, Florida, USA. I was in charge of collecting and augmenting, annotating data and creating a Yolo-v4 model to detect some objects (paper or cardboard). The mAP = 98.45%. (2020)
- Committee Member
- 7th International Conference on Deep Learning Technologies (ICDLT) . (2023)
- World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology (WASET) . (2022, 2023)
- Paper Reviewer
- Reviewing papers for Machine Learning Research (MLR). (2023)
- Reviewed 2 papers for the 32nd ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM). (2023)
- Reviewed 5 papers for European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD). (2023)
- Reviewed 1 paper for the 6th International Conference on Computer Science and Application Engineering (CSAE). (2022)
- Reviewed 8 papers for Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems. (2021, 2022)
- Reviewed 1 paper for IMECE 2019 conference. (2019)
- ICPC Volunteer
- Helped to organize the International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) Southeast USA Regional Contest at Florida International University. (2022, 2023)